Call for Applications to the 2019 NIHERST/NASA International Internship (NASA I2)

Rondell Liverpool

Call for Applications to the 2019 NIHERST/NASA International Internship (NASA I2)

Post by Rondell Liverpool » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:54 pm

NASA_2019_Promotional_Flyer.jpg

The NASA I2 project team at NIHERST is pleased to present the attached flyer for the 2019 NASA International Internship Project (NASA I2). This is the sixth cycle of NASA I2 with Trinidad and Tobago, the first of which was launched in 2014.

In the 2018 cycle, two (2) Trinidadian students represented at the Summer Internship, at the NASA Ames Research Centre in Mountain View, California. Keenan Chatar and Ariel Chitan, students of the University of the West Indies (UWI), were both awarded the 2018 internship, following a rigorous screening process. You can find updates from all our former NASA I2 interns, on our webpage: http://niherst.gov.tt/awards/internships-nasa.html

The NASA I2 Summer 2019 cycle is tentatively scheduled to take place from June 5th to August 11th, 2019, and NIHERST wishes to share the opportunity with all eligible T&T nationals, in support of the overarching goal of national development.

In order to provide NASA with the short-listed candidates by January, 2019, and facilitate a thorough local screening of candidates, the deadline for submission of applications is no later than January 8th, 2019. We therefore wish to request the distribution of the flyer to the students of your organisation's STEM programme/faculty, within your professional network, and/or any other forum where the flyer can be extended. Please feel free to share on your institution's webpage and/or social media platforms.

For additional information on this project, you may contact Ms. Darielle Rampersad, Project Assistant at 625-6437 ext. 2308 or email darielle.rampersad@niherst.gov.tt, and for continued updates and access to the application form, please visit the NIHERST-NASA webpage via the following link: http://niherst.gov.tt/awards/internships-nasa.html.